Module Overview –Problem-Management and Opportunity Leveraging The cluster of skills taught in this module are designed to help you become more effective problem managers. It is also intended to aid your understanding of the difference between Coaching, Counseling, and Mentoring. You will learn the importance of properly assessing the development and functioning levels of others and gain an understanding of the 5-step Problem and Opportunity Coaching Model.
It is important that you read this book as part of the course. The Minnesota POST Board has approved each module in Phase IV for 15 hours and 75 total hours for Phase IV, which includes time for reading this book.
- Advanced Empathy.
- Problem-Exploration: Facilitating the Exploration of Others’ External and Internal Problems.
- Problem-Specification: The Most Complex Skill.
- Problem-Ownership: Helping Ourselves and Others Own Up.
- Goal-Setting: Securing Ownership to Get Commitment to Action.
- Goal-Ownership: Securing Ownership to Get Commitment to Action.
- Action-Planning: Exploring and Evaluating Specific Pathways for Achievement.
- Implementing Action Plans: Increasing the Success Rate.
- Confrontation: Pacing and Helping Others Face Self-Defeating Behaviors.
- Self-Sharing: Giving Others Additional Perspectives With Your Own Story.
- Immediacy: Helpful People Get Unstuck.
- Making an Effective Referral to a Professional Helper.