Dispatchers Bulletproof Spirit – Emotional Survival and Wellness Strategies
Comprehensive, Career-Long Emotional Survival and Wellness Education and Development
4 hours of Certified Continuing Education
POST # 09053-0522
This course will require a $69 fee.
The above course is available for purchase through PayPal by clicking on the course. If your wish to pay for the courses through a check and/or PO, fill this form.
Kevin Gilmartin, Ph.D. Author of “Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement
This book would be a valuable asset to any first responder, clinician, or peer support perso working with first responders.
Assistant Chief of Police Shelley Zimmerman—San Diego Police Department
After over 30 years in law enforcement, I have witnessed far too many times the emotional damage a career as a first responder can have. “Healing Our Heroes” details practical steps that are not only effective, but essential to help protect and insure the wellness of those that serve. This book is a must read for all first responders and their families—the wellness and emotional survival for these heroes depends upon it, as well as the safety of our communities. Shelley Zimmerman, Assistant Chief of Police, San Diego Police Department.
For the past twenty-five years, Captain Dan Willis has been a police officer for the La Mesa Police Department near San Diego, California. He has served as homicide detective, SWAT commander, and instructor for the San Diego Public Safety Institute, the county’s police academy, where he provides emotional-survival training. He lives in San Diego with his wife and two stepsons.
- Please go here to complete a stress self-assessment. It will give you a very high level -self-assessment of your stress level.
- Burnout occurs when passionate, committed people become deeply disillusioned with a job or career from which they have previously derived much of their identity and meaning. It comes as the things that inspire passion and enthusiasm are stripped away, and tedious or unpleasant things crowd in. You can go here to complete a self-assessment.
“Bulletproof Spirit – Emotional Survival and Wellness Strategies” will provide essential emotional intelligence and wellness information to promote officer survivability and protection against the many adverse effects of the profession. Suicide is the #1 cause of officer death with another estimated 120,000 (nearly 1 in 5) working with PTSD. Students will learn tactical emotional intelligence techniques, effective methods to process stress, overcome trauma, proactive strategies to protect and heal their spirit to maintain mental – emotional – and physical fitness, and ways to maintain their motivation and professionalism while serving to protect and give life to others with compassion, integrity, and good health.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Access personal style and emotional intelligence style.
- Understand what PTSD is and effective ways to mitigate its effects.
- Understand how the job is inherently toxic and can significantly affect your. health and wellness,your relationships, and the quality of your life.
- Identify the 9 warning signs that the job has adversely affected you.
- Identify over 20 proactive emotional survival and wellness strategies.
- Identify ways to promote emotional survival among your colleagues, your agency, and within yourself.
- Identify ways to incorporate emotional intelligence techniques for personal and professional success.